1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi there, another newbie to smartphones

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zebredy, Jul 31, 2011.

1. zebredy

zebredy Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Essex, UK
    Hi there, just placed an order for a Samsung Galaxy SII and can't wait till it arrives (should be here Tuesday/Wednesday).

Anyway I'm female and from UK (is everyone on here just from America)

I did all the research I could before I chose my phone, still hope I made the right choice especially as I was like (an apple fan boy), really looking at getting the HTC sense, but the reviews of both and trouble people were having with repairs on the HTC, made me sway more towards the Samsung.

I hope to learn lots from this site, not to technically minded, but I know enough to know that box standard talk/text phones are not for me, I wanted something that had apps and I could do a little more on/with (even with my lack of smartphone experience) hey I love my gadgets.

Thats about it for now. Might be lurking and just reading posts for now but we shall see...

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, zebredy!

The site is hosted in the US, but it's an international/multicultural forum. We have many members in the UK as well as Netherlands, India, Philippines, Australia, South Africa, etc. Recently I have seen a good number of new members from Italy and South America. The only thing restricting our international appeal is that English is the primary language used in the forums.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android Forums is a good place for you to get started reading about your soon-to-arrive phone. Good luck and enjoy!

3. zebredy

zebredy Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Essex, UK
    Thanks, and I'm sure I will enjoy (feel like a kid on Christmas eve waiting for Christmas day lol)

Oh and thanks for the link, gona read as much as I can so I can really get the most out of my phone when it arrives..