1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi there!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JustGizzy, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JustGizzy

JustGizzy Lurker
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Hi everyone,

Saw the little guy saying "don't be shy," and well... hi!!

So I'm really new to smartphones/Android... I've had an irrational resistance to upgrading my cell phone, pretty much since they first came out. No seriously, I've only owned 5 different models of cell phones... and I'm 40. Two of those model-changes happened in the last 12 months.

Um, yeah. :eek:

On the other hand, I'm a major computer geek... my first was a brand-spankin' new Trash-80... and I still have my old C-64 and 128.

I've just had this massive *blank spot* when it came to cell phones, I have no idea why. LOL

So now I'm trying to learn how to use this... I keep telling myself "it's just a really small laptop, Gizzy...think of it like that," but instead I often feel like someone has just set me down in front of the CERN-LHC and said, "go play with antimatter, whydon'cha?" :D

It's probably important to say that I have an (new & shiny!!!!) LG Optimus V through Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk pre-paid plan. I've just gotten a 16g SD card for it so I can add a bit of music, some pictures, a few ringtones, etc. - and, yanno, lots of games & apps. *grins* I'm still working on figuring out what the most basic "system apps" I need are (found Lookout and app2SD so far), and I feel a bit like a kid in a candy store (or a geek in MicroCenter) looking at all the other very cool apps out there!

I guess that's enough about me... looking forward to digging through the forums here and finding out just what other cool stuff my phone can do... advice/suggestions are always welcome!

Nice to *meet* you all!

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF!

I think you'll find a ton of people with similar stories. I myself was anti upgrade before android. But they are so shiny :)