1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hi Y'all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SouthernChick, Dec 1, 2010.

1. SouthernChick

SouthernChick New Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to you other Droid users, experts and genuises. I just bought my first Droid, a Samsung Fascinate. In fact, it is my first smart phone. For the past 10 years I have have just regular feature phones from AT and T - a couple of Nokias, a Razor, and a Motorola. Boring.

I was all set, with money in hand, to waltz into Best Buy and buy an iPhone 4 until I laid my eyes on the Samsung Fascinate. I fell in love with the 4" super AMOLED screen, as well as the whole look of the phone. Yeah, I know it sorta does look like an iPhone. LOL

So back to the drawing board I went, to read up on the Fascinate and compare it to other Droids and of course the iPhone. I seriously considered the Captivate too since I was already with AT&T and thought about the Droid X more than once. However, after handling the Fascinate, I vetoed those two as neither felt as good in my hand as the gorgeous Fascinate plus I thought they were uuugly. The reviews I read all over the internet also sold me on the Fascinate. So bye bye iPhone, hello Droid, hello Galaxy S!

So far, in the week I have had it, I love it. I still have a LOT to learn about it. Oh yea, and I plan to root it - the right way hopefully. I do not like all of the crapware Verizon has put on it, despise Bing - love Google everything. I knew about these drawbacks before I bought it and switched to Verizon. I am hoping the root will get rid of these flaws. I also cannot wait for the 2.2 update, not to mention Gingerbread.

Anyway, that's my phone story. I look forward to learning more from you guys. Who knows, maybe one day, I may even be able to contribute something on here. Thanks to y'all ahead of time! :)

Advertisement

2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    NC, USA
    Welcome to the forums glad to have you here. Id have to say I think you made the right choice..:D

3. Hi there :) Welcome to the forums...

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Maintenance Repair