1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dontpanicbobby, May 17, 2021.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Why doesn't anyone say Hi anymore?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Because most of them are.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. olbriar

olbriar  

It's funny that you mention that. In the last decade I trimmed a number of houses on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma. It seemed strange driving down the streets there, everyone waves at you with a big hello smile. Slower paced.. farm community people... very friendly with time to say hello.
    Around where I live, if someone waves at you it's with just one finger. :) It's a shame that we are so caught up in ourselves that we can't take the time to say or at least gesture a hello.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and puppykickr like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

for me and others here in LA LA Land, if someone says hi or waves at you, it is considered an odd behavior. don't know exactly why. it is sad that this behavior would seem that way.

5. olbriar

olbriar  

I get it.. It's so far removed from every day. If someone unknown waves at me I'm left thinking I should know them or some poor soul looks like me and it was a mistake. I don't wave at people I don't know either. They might think I've lost my mind or I'm trying to come on to them. It wasn't like that when I was a kid. But that was so many years ago that everything has changed. I am still old school enough that I'll hold a door open for a woman and take off my hat. Address a stranger with Sir or Ma'am. I respect my fellow man.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

I agree, I find it weird that almost no one is greeting others anymore. It is an odd behavior for me.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

People always say hi or hello to me, even complete strangers.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert