• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just bought my first non-Nokia device, HTC Flyer. An ad on e-book seller Kobo gave me the idea that a tabloid might be in place, have done with a black and white e-ink reader up to now. I am going to use the new toy mainly as a tablet, for surf, background music and bookreading to start with, although I bought the one with 3G, so I can make calls also.

I am probably not the typical buyer, just retired at the young age of 65, so I can just sit and surf all day long in the park. I always thought that the laptop was too bulky to drag along. Most importantly, I am not an i-person ;),(do not ask why, it is too long a story to be taken up here), so iPad is out of question. Too big that also, cannot get a good grip on it. Just hope I made the right choice and hope that update to Android 3 will be available and applicable to Flyer, but that is not essential.
Cheers, Archie

Just bought my first non-Nokia device, HTC Flyer. An ad on e-book seller Kobo gave me the idea that a tabloid might be in place, have done with a black and white e-ink reader up to now. I am going to use the new toy mainly as a tablet, for surf, background music and bookreading to start with, although I bought the one with 3G, so I can make calls also.

I am probably not the typical buyer, just retired at the young age of 65, so I can just sit and surf all day long in the park. I always thought that the laptop was too bulky to drag along. Most importantly, I am not an i-person ;),(do not ask why, it is too long a story to be taken up here), so iPad is out of question. Too big that also, cannot get a good grip on it. Just hope I made the right choice and hope that update to Android 3 will be available and applicable to Flyer, but that is not essential.
Cheers, Archie

Welcome Archie! We're glad you made the switch to Android :p!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones