• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dhevans

Jan 22, 2010
Hi - joined the forum to have a good read about droid phones before a potential purchase.

I'm a long time Nokia user, but looking to do the switch to a touchscreen (I'm not overly impressed with the N97). I'd consider myself a fairly savvy user, my phones do run a fair bit and get a battering!

I think I'll be looking for a SIM-free one, as I'm a happy O2 customer in the UK (sorry but have had unhappy experience with Orange, and the Voda coverage where I am is patchy to say the least). Perhaps reduce my contract down to the minimum I can with still free internet and buy an unlocked one.. I'd hope my N96 is worth something to sell too!

I still haven't completely made up my mind (my contract is up for renewal in a few months, but I might be able to downgrade the payments sooner) between this and the iPhone, but there appears to be a fair number of arguments to compel me towards this...

Off to post something in the beginners section I think :)

Hi - joined the forum to have a good read about droid phones before a potential purchase.

I'm a long time Nokia user, but looking to do the switch to a touchscreen (I'm not overly impressed with the N97). I'd consider myself a fairly savvy user, my phones do run a fair bit and get a battering!

I think I'll be looking for a SIM-free one, as I'm a happy O2 customer in the UK (sorry but have had unhappy experience with Orange, and the Voda coverage where I am is patchy to say the least). Perhaps reduce my contract down to the minimum I can with still free internet and buy an unlocked one.. I'd hope my N96 is worth something to sell too!

I still haven't completely made up my mind (my contract is up for renewal in a few months, but I might be able to downgrade the payments sooner) between this and the iPhone, but there appears to be a fair number of arguments to compel me towards this...

Off to post something in the beginners section I think :)
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones