1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jaynichols, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jaynichols

jaynichols Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    IT DBA
    Memphis, TN
    I should be super qualified to figure all this out but don't really have either the time nor the inclination. I work in IT all day and have for over 40 years. I've run web sites, worked in ASP, ASP.net, vb.net, COBOL, assembler, etc. on mainframes, mid and micros. I even had to buy a facebook for dummies book (which I haven't had time to read just yet). I'm not too old to learn, just tired. I can follow anybody's lead, just am tired of figuring everything out from scratch.

I could have stayed with iPhone as I had it pretty well figured out and am very comfortable with it after 3+ years but the lure of Android got ahold of me. I still have my iPhone if this gets too complicated or I find it really is not as user friendly as I perceive the iPhone to be.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, Jay!

Once you get over the initial hump of the basic way the Android interface works, I think you'll have no problem getting a handle on the rest of the stuff. You might want to check in at LG Thrill 4G - Android Forums to keep up on the latest discussions.