• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dlo604

Lurker
Apr 25, 2012
Hi All! First post so go easy on me.

First off, I used to be an iPhone user but lost it on NYE due to my ridiculous drinking that night. However, I can finally get off the crappy BlackBerry that I have and go back to the world of Apps. I loved them on my iPhone.

Here's my pickle. I have been looking to get an Android phone for a while now, but there are a few things that are holding me back.

1.)I'm familiar with 'Rooting' since I have an AppleTV and it's jailbroken. (yes hate me now =() This requires me to "SSH" the repos onto my Apple TV to be able to watch shows and movies. Is this process pretty similar to 'Rooting' for an Android phone?

2.) Currently I'm debating between the Google Nexus vs iPhone 4S I don't want to watch reviews because they're simply reviews. I would prefer someone who has experience with the Google Nexus to somewhat sell me.

3.) I would like to be able to tether my phone with my iPad 2. Will this be possible via app or phone?

Anything else that I should know about making this decision? Thanks for all your help, and sell me Android fans!

One huge thing for me is the weight difference between the iPhone and Android phones. I absolutely love the weight on the iPhone, but am willing to make an exception if the pros of an Android outweigh an iPhone. My friend also said that there are not as many apps on the Android compared to the iPhone. It should be iterated that she is an Android user as well. Is this true?

Thanks for all your help guys!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones