1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dshiley, May 4, 2012.

1. dshiley

dshiley Lurker
    None

May 4, 2012
    Hello! I stumbled upon this forum after I purchased a Samsung Prevail Galaxy (Boost) I'm running gingerbread.fa19 and am about to give rooting a shot, because I'm so tired of being forced to keep the crap programs on my phone and not having the space to do what I really want to do...

Wish me luck!

Any pointers are welcome.

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Good Luck and welcome to AF, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.:thumbup:

3. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Web Dev
    Texas
    Hello and welcome to AF. :)

Glad to have you here as our newest member and I hope you find the forums here both helpful and fun. That's one of the reasons a lot of people root there phones is to get rid of stock apps and bloatware. Keep in mind, rooting can be fairly easy but you have to be really careful when doing so or you run the risk of bricking (breaking) your phone or sending it into a bootloop. A bootloop is where your phone starts up and shuts down and will do this continuously. Bricking is the term used when your phones software is messed up to the point that the phone is no longer functional and is reduced to the functionality of a brick. Please read the instructions carefully and do your homework before rooting your phone. Once you do root it a whole door of personalization opens up and there's so much more you can do. Here's the link to your devices all things root sections here. If you have any questions or need help please feel free to ask. Enjoy the forums and good luck. :)
    Galaxy Prevail - All Things Root