• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I was invited to introduce myself, so here I am!

I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy S3 (turned in my Blackberry)
- and although it's been a bit of a learning curve, I'm enjoying it.

I DO have some questions so will try not to be too much for a bother ... but then that is what you are all here for, no? ;)

This morning a "Software Update" called FIRMWARE came up on my device.
- just wondering how long this takes?
I use my phone a lot and wonder if night time would be better - if it takes more than an hour.

And anything else I should know before I install it.

Cheers for the Wet Coast today!

Hi Faithkt. Welcome to Android Forums. Congrats on the new S3.. I sure hope you enjoy it. Upgrades generally take fifteen to thirty minutes. They differ depending on how major the upgrade is and the device etc. I'm betting the friendly members here that have a S3 can tell you exactly what is involved with the latest upgrade you are looking at. Those users can be found by following this link: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums
I hope you will take the time to check out the area. It's where all of the S3 owners hang out and talk about the S3, exchange tips and tricks for the phone, and lend help to one another. It's a fun community... I think you will enjoy. Thanks for joining these forums. Have fun...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones