• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi everyone, I thought I'd join this site after the many answers I've found on here in the past! I'm having a rather annoying issue with my Galaxy Ace and I'm hoping to avoid sending it in for repair, so any advice would be appreciated!

I accidentally dropped it the other day, and ever since then the screen rapidly flickers on and off when I try to use the facebook app, look at my browser bookmarks or crop photos. It doesn't happen EVERY time but when It does the only thing that stops it is doing a battery pull. Which is a bit annoying. Does anybody have any idea what could be happening and how I could solve this? I phoned my provider and the warranty doesn't cover accidental damage by dropping so I may have to pay if it isn't just simply a software issue :-/

Thanks in advance :)

Well hello there laurastacey91! :)

First off, I am glad you have found the forums helpful in the past ;thumbup:

Now about your issue.
The fact you dropped it may or may not be a factor here, but in my opinion, it is related.
You could try to peruse your forum here:
Samsung Galaxy Ace - Android Forums
to see if anyone else has a similar issue, or we can move you there. ;)

Worst case scenario is to do a factory reset. <--- doing that will wipe your phone of all apps/contacts/settings etc, so be aware of that. :) That would rule out a software issue.

Upvote 0
Well hello there laurastacey91! :)

First off, I am glad you have found the forums helpful in the past ;thumbup:

Now about your issue.
The fact you dropped it may or may not be a factor here, but in my opinion, it is related.
You could try to peruse your forum here:
Samsung Galaxy Ace - Android Forums
to see if anyone else has a similar issue, or we can move you there. ;)

Worst case scenario is to do a factory reset. <--- doing that will wipe your phone of all apps/contacts/settings etc, so be aware of that. :) That would rule out a software issue.
I did a factory reset yesterday and it hasn't helped so I do agree it's related to when it was dropped.

I'm just going to send it in, I think it's probably best, I wasn't expecting much from posting this anyway as I know dropping phones doesn't do them any good anyway :-(

Thank you for your reply! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones