1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kae36, Jan 3, 2014.

1. kae36

kae36 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    hi

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello kae36. It's great to have you here as a new member. I hope you will take the time to check out the discussion area we have for your android device. That's where the real fun and value of these forums become apparent. If you have any difficulty finding that area please let us know. We'd love to be of assistance. Have fun and thanks for joining the community.

3. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2012
    Male
    Full time student, Part time McDonalds crew
    Chicago IL
    Hi. Welcome to the phandroid community. Great to have you here. Please enjoy your time here on the forums. If you ever need help with anything please just ask anyone here on the forums.

4. kae36

kae36 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    Thanks for the welcome!

I heard about the forum when I was reading a review about the Note 3, so I had to come over and join.

I've had an android phone for a while. I had one of the fist iPhones and had it for several years (had to switch from Verizon to AT&T to get it, but the area supported the phone pretty well). When I moved to a different area I decided to switch back to Verizon, I got an HTC Eris. I liked the phone, but HTC & Verizon eventually dropped support for the phone. It became too slow so I went in and switched to the Samsung DROID Charge (the phone I have now). The Charge was a lot faster and had 4G (which was coming to my area soon). 4G came and so did several upgrades to the Charge. Right now my Charge is slowing down and once again Verizon has dropped support for my phone. So, I'm looking around for a new Android phone.

I'm really pretty happy with android phones. I just wish that they didn't put so much bloat software on them (are you listening Verizon?). My Charge would probably work much better if I could remove the software that I never use (all of which came on the phone and can't be removed).

Anyway, I'm going to be looking around for a new android phone and reading other's experiences with what's out there. I'm really looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Samsung Galaxy S 4.

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I can also help someone else with my comments about my experiences as well.

5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Have fun shopping kae36. These forums should prove to be a great resource in your research. I wish you luck in whatever you decided on and I hope you will use these forums to get the max enjoyment from it.