1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by efjaydee, Jan 12, 2014.

1. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi all

My/our Android background:

I've been using Android for a while. We were a Mac household, had iMacs, MacBook Pros etc. and iOS devices, iPod touch, iPads and iPhone. I first used Android with HTC Desire, I ended up giving it to the wife when I got an iPhone, but I didn't really like it and missed my HTC. We decided a couple of years back to switch from Mac/iOS to Linux/Android and we've never been happier. We had spent thousands upon thousands on Apple hardware and for a fraction, we got new laptops, new Android phones and Nexus 7 tablets, all tailored the way we want.

We did want local expandable storage which the Nexus didn't offer so last year we switched to a Tesco Hudl each which we both love, with an extra 64GB SD so we are not tied to the cloud and a net connection. I also have a Samsung Mega for my giant hands.

We are not blind Google fans, some of their practices and ways concern me or I outright disagree with. We love Android though.

Big hello to everyone here!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to Android Forums efjaydee. Nice introduction. :) It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy your time on these forums. I hope you will take the time to check out the device forums we have. That's where the merit of these forums becomes apparent. Enjoy....

efjaydee likes this.
  3. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Thanks olbriar!

4. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 30, 2012
    Male
    Full time student, Part time McDonalds crew
    Chicago IL
    Hi there. Welcome to the phandroid community!

5. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi!

AMD fan here too!!

6. sfbloodbrother

None

Jul 30, 2012
    Male
    Chicago IL
    Oh wow. Thats so cool. I was going to get a AMD Radeon GPU because my current Nvidia GPU is aging. I hope to work for AMD one day if I can. That would be a dream come true.

7. efjaydee

efjaydee Newbie
    None

Jan 12, 2014
    Good luck to you, I'm in the wrong country but I imagine it would be a great company to work for. Before I started using Apple stuff, I always built my own PCs and used AMD processors from the K5 onwards, always admired the CPU architecture, having used RISC OS machines before that. They always delivered what I needed for a reasonable price. When we abandoned Apple, I bought a HP laptop specifically because of the AMD processor - they've always served me well.

8. sfbloodbrother

None

Jul 30, 2012
    Male
    Chicago IL
    That's awesome. I don't use too many Apple things either, mostly because they are they never gave me the experience I wanted. AMD and Vizio got a great partnership going with their Windows PC's, but I'm saddened that AMD never took upon the Android Market like Intel. I think that may be a big mistake as tablets are becoming huge in todays market.