• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

efjaydee

Jan 12, 2014
Hi all

My/our Android background:

I've been using Android for a while. We were a Mac household, had iMacs, MacBook Pros etc. and iOS devices, iPod touch, iPads and iPhone. I first used Android with HTC Desire, I ended up giving it to the wife when I got an iPhone, but I didn't really like it and missed my HTC. We decided a couple of years back to switch from Mac/iOS to Linux/Android and we've never been happier. We had spent thousands upon thousands on Apple hardware and for a fraction, we got new laptops, new Android phones and Nexus 7 tablets, all tailored the way we want.

We did want local expandable storage which the Nexus didn't offer so last year we switched to a Tesco Hudl each which we both love, with an extra 64GB SD so we are not tied to the cloud and a net connection. I also have a Samsung Mega for my giant hands.

We are not blind Google fans, some of their practices and ways concern me or I outright disagree with. We love Android though.

Big hello to everyone here!

Oh wow. Thats so cool. I was going to get a AMD Radeon GPU because my current Nvidia GPU is aging. I hope to work for AMD one day if I can. That would be a dream come true.

Good luck to you, I'm in the wrong country but I imagine it would be a great company to work for. Before I started using Apple stuff, I always built my own PCs and used AMD processors from the K5 onwards, always admired the CPU architecture, having used RISC OS machines before that. They always delivered what I needed for a reasonable price. When we abandoned Apple, I bought a HP laptop specifically because of the AMD processor - they've always served me well.

Upvote 0
Good luck to you, I'm in the wrong country but I imagine it would be a great company to work for. Before I started using Apple stuff, I always built my own PCs and used AMD processors from the K5 onwards, always admired the CPU architecture, having used RISC OS machines before that. They always delivered what I needed for a reasonable price. When we abandoned Apple, I bought a HP laptop specifically because of the AMD processor - they've always served me well.

That's awesome. I don't use too many Apple things either, mostly because they are they never gave me the experience I wanted. AMD and Vizio got a great partnership going with their Windows PC's, but I'm saddened that AMD never took upon the Android Market like Intel. I think that may be a big mistake as tablets are becoming huge in todays market.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones