1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by androidmachine, Jan 9, 2016.

1. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

I've been posting for a few weeks, and it occurred to me that I have never given a proper introduction. So here goes ... I'm semi-new to Android. I say semi-new because while I've rooted and installed new ROMs on several Android devices, I'm lost when it comes to apps and what all an Android device can do. I've been immersed too much in the technical side and tweaking my devices that I have failed to actually use them. So I'm here mainly to learn about apps and try to get the most out of my devices.

Currently, I have an original Kindle Fire HD that I ended up having to install CyanogenMod due to an error on my part after rooting that resulted in a soft brick. Installing CyanogenMod was the best thing that I have ever done with regard to that tablet. I now have a tablet running CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) which is pretty impressive to me since it originally ran the Amazon variant of Ice Cream Sandwich.

I also have an Android phone that is running KitKat. It's an El Cheapo model that I got refurbished for free on Cyber Monday. But it's a lot of fun for not costing anything at all.

So that's me from an Android point of view. I like playing around on the technical side of things and getting the most out of limited hardware. I've already gotten a lot from these forums and hopefully I will be able to contribute as well.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to our AndroidForums!

:)

androidmachine likes this.
  3. olbriar

olbriar  

Welcome to the forums androidmachine. It's good to hear these forums have been of use to you. Thanks for the introduction and I hope you continue to enjoy your time here.

4. androidmachine

Thanks for the warm welcome!

scary alien and olbriar like this.
  5. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Hi and Welcome to Android Forums.

6. androidmachine