• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

greeniekin

Lurker
Jan 7, 2010
I recently purchased another g1 after mine slipping out of my pocket and down a storm water drain when getting out of a car. It was also during a storm and my phone was washed away in seconds. Anyway I was eager to get another g1 and couldn't find it anywhere and found a supposed new one on ebay that said supported optus. I received it and it turns out it has a different rom installed called hiapk. Even though the localisation is English Chinese shows up in various places and when ever i try to use the keyboard i start typing Chinese.
I can not read the hiapk webpage because it is not in my language. It looks rather interesting i have access to console and a recent update of android(which doesn't seem to happen in aus). Though it is useless to me at the moment.
What should i do and can I do?

Edit
managed to work out how to get the keyboard to work in English. Only issue now is the market is in chinese and in a few other places.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones