• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hidden files and background processes

Is my phone being remotely accessed?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

OneDeep80

Jul 31, 2019
Screenshot_20190730-212431.png
Screenshot_20190731-084010.png
Screenshot_20190731-084337.png
Screenshot_20190731-084345.png
I would greatly appreciate if there is anybody who can interpret this for me and tell me what it means. Something is going on with my phone and I want to know what
Screenshot_20190731-084405.png
Screenshot_20190731-084419.png
Screenshot_20190731-084441.png
Screenshot_20190731-084500.png
Screenshot_20190731-084622.png
Screenshot_20190731-084745.png

ok well Im new to this site. cut me a damn break instead of trying to belittle me. what a warm welcome I got tonight

Not a good start to a new beginning, no need to be offended, all he was saying were your pictures were large and taking up the whole screen, pictures that size are best as a thumbnail rather then full size in the post, he also said it jokingly with an LOL.

So let's all keep this thread on track and all get along so it doesn't get out of hand for no reason. Cheers

OneDeep, welcome to site !!

Upvote 0
Not a good start to a new beginning, no need to be offended, all he was saying were your pictures were large and taking up the whole screen, pictures that size are best as a thumbnail rather then full size in the post, he also said it jokingly with an LOL.

So let's all keep this thread on track and all get along so it doesn't get out of hand for no reason. Cheers

OneDeep, welcome to site !!
thanks for the advice.I know now to use thumnails next time.

Upvote 0
A lot of the time, the files are labeled "hidden" because they have file-extensions that most normal user apps can't process. PC likes to do similar things as well sometimes..
well that my sense. But what about the lockscreen capture. that wasnt s hidden file. Why would my lock screen need to be "captured" and the file be in encrypted text. I dont get for what reason that would be for. Never seen it on any phone I had before

Upvote 0
well that my sense. But what about the lockscreen capture. that wasnt s hidden file. Why would my lock screen need to be "captured" and the file be in encrypted text. I dont get for what reason that would be for. Never seen it on any phone I had before
i would definitely put the phone in safe mode and see how things look from there. if it looks normal then it might be from a 3rd party app either being nefarious or has been corrupted(more like a bug then something nefarious). you can then try unstall any recent apps and see of that helps.

if all else fails like i mentioned in my previous post you can do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
i would definitely put the phone in safe mode and see how things look from there. if it looks normal then it might be from a 3rd party app either being nefarious or has been corrupted(more like a bug then something nefarious). you can then try unstall any recent apps and see of that helps.

if all else fails like i mentioned in my previous post you can do a factory reset.

Thanks for the advice. Ive considered doing the factory reset, but I'm a curious and investigative person. So part of me wants to figure out whats going on. Also for my drvice administrators are Google Pay and Find my Device. Just yeaterday the device administrators were Lookout and Google Play Store, But when I hit the check mark to uncheck one as the administrator, the screen just flashes and goes back to the home screen

Upvote 0
well i still don't think your phone is hacked, but something definitely seems wonky. it could be a glitch of some sort and a factory reset might help. if your phone has a safe mode, i would try that and see if something else is screwing with the device.

I will try that, becauae there are definetly strange things going on. one more example is the developer options under USB Configuration it was set to Media Transfer Protocol. I changed it to charging, and now its back on MTP. Its just things like that. Another theory I have and have read about is some of these phones come brand new from the manufacturer with pre installed malware.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones