1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

hidden menue question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johnny424, Dec 22, 2011.

1. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

still trying the 3g tweeks in different combinations in order to get my 3g speeds back to normal..over the past few weeks my 3g speeds have completely droped off for some reason..i know that the speeds will constantly change up and down..and i have changed prls a few times..but i have switched back to boost prl and changed all the 3g tweeks ive made back to what they were originally. i used to get pretty high kbps but now im lucky to get 150 down 150up ..not sure what i did to all of a sudden change the good speeds i used to get..ive tested speeds at many different times of the day..never anymore than 100-200 kbps range down and up.any suggestions?

also i was looking around the hidden menue

edit->entered my msl->others->browser

gatewayip-says not set
    port-not set
    secure port-not set

does anyone els have similar settings? just trying to rule out everything for the massive drop off in my 3g speeds :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Data throttling? Close to your reboost date? Stream a lot of music?

3. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

dont stream music..payment good for now..dont put out alot of usage..i have work cell i make most calls with rarely use web from phone..a little throughout the day while working..

4. Lordvincent 90

Could be just too many people on not enough towers. You are in DC. Try testing very late when less users are likely to on

5. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

true ..buy why the sudden drop off in speeds? thats what leads me to belive it could be something i did.or a combination of things i did..that maybe dont jive for some reason

6. Lordvincent 90

two words: BLACK FRIDAY
    The prevail was 66% off. maybe many new boost customers in your area
    Dense population + inadequate towers + huge sale on prepay Android device with TONS of development support = no speedy Web.:D

Plus boost has 3 Android phones out now. And if you really want to know if it is your setup, Odin to stock, test, compare

7. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

haha thats funny..but very possible..damn that black friday lol..anyway..i guess flashing back to stock would be a sure fire way of making sure i didnt do anything

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews