• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hidden Pictures

pinhead875

Jul 7, 2010
I have an album called Phone in my gallery that has 6 old screenshots. I can't delete them. I did a full Root Explorer search for them, and the phone can't find them anywhere. The location in the photo details is Unknown. How can I get them out of my gallery? I don't know where they are located so I can't delete them. There is no delete option on the pictures in the gallery! I've attached a few screens:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

snap20101221_225257.png

snap20101221_225307.png

snap20101221_225318.png

They must have added this to the .340 update cause I downloaded this one some time back, I actually have the original with blackish gray background frozen in TB.

The gallery I have as seen above is version 1.1.3
The frozen stock app is 2.2.1

Maybe this is the Gallery 3D taken from the Nexus S. But doesn't explain why it's not showing up on my app list but only in Titanium Back up.

Upvote 0
Perhaps its because the phone still has the thumbnails of those images in the cache, I would suggest downloading something to clean out your cache to see if that helps.

I have the paid CacheMate app, it didn't help. But thanks.

I had the same issue and found them in a sub-folder of a hierarchy with the company name of the app, not the app's name, in the sdcard folder.

I still have the screenshot app, so I only deleted the sub-folder and the pics vanished from Gallery.

I thought it was interesting how Gallery had picked them up from that sub-folder.

I just did a search for the app company name on my sd card, and my phone files. The search came up empty.

This is so frustrating! They've been in my gallery since August. I've wiped data and cache a bunch, as I've loaded so many different roms. I need to find these files!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones