• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hidden Swype features!

I just found a function in Swype by accident: while in landscape mode, drag the swype button down. This opens up a "hidden" keyboard that has stuff that is missing like "delete" (vs. "backspace"), full word backspace (like if you hold the backspace down), cut, copy, paste, aarows!!

i know you can just touch the screen where you want the cursor to go, but maybe my fingers are too fat and I always place the cursor 1 character away from where i want it to be, and I always thought an arrow to bump it over one spot would be nice.

I am not sure yet if this extra step to get to the keyboard it worth it yet, maybe since the "copy" in normal mode has to be scrolled to after a long click it might be the same effort, but I am still getting used to it, we will see!

(Im sure there might be some place mentioned in the instructions how to find this, but i dont remember seeing it.)

Reactions: ninja_reject

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones