1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hidden Swype features!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by billynair, Jun 15, 2011.

1. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    I just found a function in Swype by accident: while in landscape mode, drag the swype button down. This opens up a "hidden" keyboard that has stuff that is missing like "delete" (vs. "backspace"), full word backspace (like if you hold the backspace down), cut, copy, paste, aarows!!

i know you can just touch the screen where you want the cursor to go, but maybe my fingers are too fat and I always place the cursor 1 character away from where i want it to be, and I always thought an arrow to bump it over one spot would be nice.

I am not sure yet if this extra step to get to the keyboard it worth it yet, maybe since the "copy" in normal mode has to be scrolled to after a long click it might be the same effort, but I am still getting used to it, we will see!

(Im sure there might be some place mentioned in the instructions how to find this, but i dont remember seeing it.)

Advertisement

ninja_reject likes this.
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    This was mentioned earlier in other threads, In swype, slide from the tips button to sym, or from tips to f and you get extra keyboard shortcuts, to selected/edit text.

It is a great tip, but it is not hidden. It is in the help file under editing keyboard.

3. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    thought it might

4. billynair

billynair Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawaii
    I did a search for it before posting, but i guess i didnt use the right keywords