1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

'Hidden Word' - Swype HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by imyurbubba, Apr 24, 2012.

1. imyurbubba

imyurbubba Lurker

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Swype. And I've been using it since I first got my Samsung Captivate -- Galaxy S -- back in December 2010.

But I can't for the life of me remember that it used to be so clunky as it is now.

I often tell people, it's one of the few apps/software programs that actually gets CLUNKIER the more you use it.

I often get this -- that frustrates the living daylights out of me:

'Hidden' Word
    The word you just entered [ENTER WORD HERE] was "hidden" by the word [ENTER OTHER WORD HERE] that was previously added to your Swype dictionary...

Does anybody know how to turn this "feature" off, if possible?

I try to pay attention to what I "add" into my dictionary - AND often times try to DELETE the word it says that is "hidden" - but it always seems to resurface. :-(

Help. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I don't think that Swype allows you to do anything about it. If you like tracing your words, you may want to look into getting a different keyboard that traces words.

3. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Wow, I've been using Swype for years and have never seen that warning. Have you gone on to Swype's own forum to see if anyone has anything to say about it?

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

It's a "feature" to indicate that the pattern for the word you want is too similar to another one.