• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hide certain sounds from playing through your music player (using ".nomedia")

Joeggernaut

Jun 29, 2011
I have a car stereo that can has both a aux 3.5mm jack and usb port. Usb port works fine with ipod and car recognizes it. The usb port can also play from usb flash drives so when I put the evo in disk drive mode it will play music but it also plays all audio files on the phone including random navigation and such.

Is there a way to setup the files on the phone or some kind of app where it only plays music from my stock music app through the car usb port?

Reactions: marctronixx
Ran into an issue. I use htc sync to sync my playlists from itunes and music to the phone to play using the default music player. I figured out how to hide music files I don't want playing using nomedia but now it wont play my music either. There is no nomedia file in my music folder.

I just want to use the usb port which works fine with ipods (which dont have to be in disk drive mode) work fine and the cd player can browse through all the files. I want the same thing with my evo 3d. Is there a program or way to do this?

Is there a like a mimic program that makes the evo 3d look like a ipod to the receiver?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones