1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hide pictures on xperia z1 w/out complication of .nomedia & no use of apps

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi guys,
    I have been searching around trying to find a way to temporarily hide my pictures from the general album view on the Sony Xperia z1 (just got it new). I dont want to use an app as apps can cause problems...so I heard that another solution is by making a .nomedia file. However, after reading the thread on the folowing link (http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-mini-pro/568317-hidden-files-pc-question.html#post4584979) i saw that there are some complications; namely that putting a .nomedia file into a folder with pictures will make them totally hidden when accessed through the PC except ones that are newly added.

I used to have a bb and one could easily select the files, go to properties and make it hidden. to then see them again you would go to explorer and click show hidden. This was simple.

So my question is how can I select files, hide them in a folder and at an time on my device see the hidden files without any complications as those experienced by user Dkier on the thread linked above in brackets?

Many thanks and Best regards,

D

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Apps you download from unknown sources can cause problems, but apps themselves don't. Everything you use on your phone is an app. Contacts is an app. Dialer (what you use to make phone calls) is an app, Gallery is an app ...

Try Storage Analyzer. It does what you want without the problems of using a .nomedia file. The media scanner doesn't see the hidden folders, but you can see them in the PC.

scary alien likes this.