1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hide search history in Google Now

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dominic36, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Dominic36

Dominic36 Newbie

When pressing the white "Google" at the top of the screen, Google Now opens. The search history you made in google is also display beneath the search textbox.

Is it possible not to display those search query, without deactivating the search history? it's really annoying.

thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

With Google Now open, go into it's settings and tap on Privacy and accounts. Then tap on Manage Web History. You should be able to delete history items there after logging in to your Google account.

Edit: I've no idea if disabling Show Recent Searches has any impact oh how well the app shows suggestions. Anyone else know?

breadnatty08 likes this.
  3. Dominic36

Dominic36 Newbie

thanks a lot!!!

I don't think so. After disabling Show Recent, I did a test, searching on my computer for a Canadian Tire hardware store. I went on my smartphone's Google Now a few minutes later and it gave me a map for the closest Canadian Tire store.

I love this!!! :D

Petrah likes this.
  4. Dominic36

Dominic36 Newbie

it appears I was wrong...

When disabling Show Recent Searches, it disables also the history, so Google Now can no longer uses your searches to refine its suggestions. So you can't Hide the recent searches without disabling the benefits of the features. it's stupid.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah, I turned on search history just so that I could reap the full benefits of Google Now. Kinda sucks, but you can always manually delete your search history from a browser.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews