1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Hiding an app from task killers?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by scottm5443, Jan 12, 2010.

1. scottm5443

scottm5443 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I have an app on my daughters phone that will not allow her to text and drive. The problem is she can use any task killer and kill the app and bypass the application. So my question is, is there a way to hide an app from the task killers, or have the app check to see if it is running, and if not restart its self?

Advertisement

2. ohvzwguy

ohvzwguy Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Verizon Rep
    OH
    NO, The Advanded Task Killer app has a list of IGNORED apps.. You can simply long press the running app within ATK and select ignore.
    This is extremely simply to over ride though (settings ignore list)

And your daughter will always be able to access Settings > Applications > Manage applications > selecting app > Force stop.
    or applications > running services > force stop.

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    as far as that goes she could just delete the app then re-add it before she came back home...sounds like it's time for a heart to heart...

4. scottm5443

scottm5443 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I know she can Applications > Manage applications > selecting app > Force stop.
    or applications > running services > force stop.

But that isn't something she knows how to do (yet) and the heart to heart hasn't worked. So I think my only option is to call Verizon and shut off texting (Did that on the last phone) but I would think there would be a way to hide an app or have some tool to keep a task running. And I can see the install/download date (I think) so she can get busted that way.

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Might something like TEXTECUTION work?

And yes, the DROID is supported.

6. scottm5443

scottm5443 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    This is the app I am using.I just need to find a way she can't kill it or have it start every time it is killed.