• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding apps from market

Does anyone know how to hide installed apps from the Android market?

I have several apps that are earlier versions that l prefer over their current updates. Naturally, the market is constantly notifying me to update those apps.

The notifications are annoying to say the least so I'd like to find a way to hide those apps if possible.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you rooted? If so, you can use Titanium Backup to remove the apps market link. Without root, I'm not sure it's possible unfortunately. I'd to use the function with Extended Controls, for a few updates it caused nothing but problems so I rolled back to a previous version and removed the market link.

As a workaround, you could turn off update notifications in the market, and just update the other apps manually?

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
OOPs..sorry, looks like El Presidente already commented on what I just posted.. He's covered all bases!!!

picsay-1324154545.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones