1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hiding apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrPapsmear, Mar 23, 2016.

1. MrPapsmear

MrPapsmear Lurker

Just upgraded to the s7 from the s5 and bitterly disappointed that there is no button to 'Hide Apps'. Can someone recommend a program that lets me do this without taking over my fone? I just wanna hide apps so the kids cant get to them. Cheers ears.

2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast

I use Nova Launcher, which has this option, however, it will "take over your phone", replacing Samsung's skin.

Another option would be to download an app protector, like Smart App Protector, which allows you to password pattern protect any apps that you desire to keep away from others.

3. MrPapsmear

MrPapsmear Lurker

U tried the Nova one and twah it takes over so unistalled it. Wish they would of just kept it in cause it was simple. I need something that willhide it altogether .

4. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Android Enthusiast

Yeah you'll probably need to download and use a different Launcher. Pretty much all other Launchers let you do this. Next Launcher is awesome! I've been using it for years. The whole purpose of downloading a different Launcher is to customize the way everything looks, so if you don't like the look of the new Launcher you can customize it to look how ever you want. You could even make it look like stock Samsung TouchWiz.

5. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert

I thought I saw in a video somewhere you could hide apps? Maybe I am wrong.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews