• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hiding contacts and apps

stoms

Lurker
Aug 30, 2012
Hello! I am new to the Galaxy S. Is there a way to hide apps and contacts? Are there apps for sms that pose as another app for covert texting? I ask because I have a gut feeling my wife may be cheating on me and she is very tech saavy. Before you flame me for the suspicion, it has happened once before, we went to counseling and all seemed well. If it is indeed happening this time no more "chances" even though we have 2 lil people in our lives. Also I know that the smartphones can be chatty with servers, app updates etc...if she is using google chat in the covert mode will it show on our data plan as successive KB entries? Or Yahoo phone calls, do they show as data usage?Every morning between 9:00am and 10am there is a 4mb data entry, only on weekdays and never when we happen to be off during the week together. I know it sounds paranoid, and in part it is, but if I can be schooled in this and understand the data usage I decipher paranoia from what may or may not be happening...of I hope it is not. Help me understand this and I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks in advance for not getting flamed but getting informed!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones