• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding Google Contacts

I've done a bit of searching on this topic and the only reference I can find is to the older version of the firmware that allows you to 'hide' googles contacts. I have a TON of emails I've collected over the past several years on my gmail and a handful of contacts I ported over from my Touch Pro.

Now I want to hide the google contacts so that I only see my 'phone' contacts in the people or other contact apps. Whats the best way to go about this?

In quick summary, I do not want to see my google contacts on my phone list. I only want to see phone contacts.

I also would like to batch-remove my gmail contacts from my people directory. I only want to view my phone contacts in my people directory. Unfortunately, this apparently can only be accomplished manually. I don't always invest a lot in way sales reps say, but I visited a VZW store yesterday and the rep told me that gmail contacts, once synched, can only be removed manually from the people directory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones