• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hiding pre-installed apps on screen

I understand that Verizon, Google and Android don't want us messing in the phone and removing their revenue producing programs. I'd just like to hide the icons (so what I use will fit on one screen) getting rid of Amazon MP3, Blockbuster, Latitude, Social Networking, etc, etc.

Without rooting, can that be done?

Are you talking about removing them from the home screens or from the app drawer?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I meant to be specific on the issue of WHERE I wanted to remove them ... from the applications page. I understand that I can "remove" apps from the home screenset by selecting and dragging to the trash can.

BUT ... you have led me to a thought ... perhaps I can put all that I want on a home screen page ... I'll have to experiment.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones