• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

High performance diversity antennas?

I don't even know what it means but I like the way it sounds and it's on a phone I already decided to get. Bye bye incredible.
Yeah you got that right! my incredible will be on craigslist soon and I had it since launch lol had my moto droid longer then that but the incredible idk its just not up to motos build standards it feels cheap and the signal is sh%t compared to my old droid which is why I thought that sounds good on the x as well

Upvote 0
Antenna diversity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A wireless microphone with a non-diversity receiver (a receiver having only one antenna) is prone to random drop-outs, fades, noise, or other interference, especially if the transmitter (the wireless microphone) is in motion. A wireless microphone or sound system using diversity reception will switch to the other antenna within microseconds if one antenna experiences noise, providing an improved quality signal with fewer drop-outs and noise. Ideally, no drop-outs or noise will occur in the received signal.

Upvote 0
Im sure there are others that have the same thing as myself planned out.... I'm just gonna pick up the droid x for retail in the store and just sell my incredible on ebay and hopefully wont have to take too much of a hit.

Battery life for one is the real downer on the incredible for me.... and also having to do the "unplug then plug back in" trick to get it to fully charge.
(i also have the seidio battery) and am still not pleased.... :-/

cant wait until the 15th!!! :D

Upvote 0
you Incredible guys are really jumping ship that fast?

Truth be told.. its largely because I'll probably be making a little extra by switching. I just found out from my cell guy that I will in fact be able to use one of my line upgrades to get the Droid X without activating another data package line. So I'll most likely be able to get the Droid X for $100-150 after rebates and all the other stuff and hopefully I can still sell the Incredible for atleast $300 a month from now (I know I can get $400-$500 now, but I'd rather use it til the X comes out instead of being stuck on some crap phone).

Also, I weighed out my options and it does seem like the X will be the more supported phone. Seems like Moto is being Verizon's main Android company. Just the amount of hype and press the X has received vs the Incredible seems like a clear indication which phone Verizon would prefer to back (kind of a shame, because I like the Incredible too). Lastly, whenever I'm just browsing the net on my phone (which I do a lot) - I always seem to wish I just had a little more screen economy.. which is what the X is offering. So in a nutshell, I kind of wish I was better informed on the X and its release when I got the Incredible, but it still worked out to my benefit because I got to finally explore an Android phone and make a more educated decision based on my specific needs.

All that said, if I had to actually buy the X at full price, I probably wouldn't consider this transaction. I like the incredible and I think its a great phone, but the X is offering more of what I want (plus I just read on VZW's site that the X has Image Stabilization in the camera for pictures - something much needed in all digital cameras with lens this small IMO).

Upvote 0
This is one reason I may sell my Droid. I wasnt gonna until I saw the Diversity Antenna mentioned during the live blogs. When I get the X, and its has even better reception than my Droid???

Its over.
That's what got my attention to my droid always got and held a better signal then the incredible and if the x is gonna have better signal then the droid all i can say is wow!! gimme this damn beast already haha:p

Upvote 0
Folks, this is mostly a marketing ploy, but Moto Droid rocks for reception. At least a good first example :0

I hope so.. while I generally get good reception with my Incred, there are areas, especially at home.. where I get rather poor reception and have had a few dropped calls already. I had an enV Touch before this phone and didn't have the same problem.

Upvote 0

LOL i just shipped mine out today for the winning bidder from ebay.
Call quality was pretty horrible. When i had the droid for a month, call quality was never that bad. None of my phones for verizon ever performed that poorly in call quality. Hopefylly this antennae thing means that its even better. Not like how my incredible dropped a couple of my calls in a month, muffled alot of my calls. And actually took me 4 calls to activate the phone saying that the reception was bad.

Upvote 0
^But dont tell that to ppl when you're debating about reception...They bring up bars, decibel readings, where u holding the phone, the weather, the time of day, if u ate already, etc...
I agree with that I dont need bars and decibel readings to tell me the signal sucks on the incredible through out my house dropping calls and having ppl to repeat there self while my old droid i could be anywhere in the house signal stayed strong never lost a call
LOL i just shipped mine out today for the winning bidder from ebay.
Call quality was pretty horrible. When i had the droid for a month, call quality was never that bad. None of my phones for verizon ever performed that poorly in call quality. Hopefylly this antennae thing means that its even better. Not like how my incredible dropped a couple of my calls in a month, muffled alot of my calls. And actually took me 4 calls to activate the phone saying that the reception was bad.
I agree with you to motorola shines best and are known for their good reception phones had all the same probs that you listed with my incredible I doubt I ever own another htc it was more then just signal thou the thing constantly reboots itself cant never download pic messages ppl send me get all kinds of error messages even with a hard reset

Edit before anyone tell me I must of had a bad incredible well I had 2 and they both did the same thing should have named it HTC POS lol

Upvote 0

Yes!
I have a non responsive screen with the symptoms bad, recepting sucks, 3 G is never available, call drop outs, NO ACCESSORIES! I'd like a dock/cradle. I'd like better 3d performance and better screen, and noise cancel mics, hdmi out since I play vids to TV on trips.
Anyone know if current droid accessories are compatable?

Upvote 0
I have own windows mobile htc phones since highschool, and now 8 years later after owning the htc nexus one I am using the motorola droid while I wait for my droid x. The speaker and reception on this motorola droid is freakin amazing (although I am not sure if its just the fact that I recently moved from at&t to verizon). Either way, the reception is quite strong and the speaker on this droid is awesome. Only phone that probably bests it is the blackberry bold, and that is saying something. Also, the build quality is amazing, and the only htc phone that can compare is the htc hd2. Either way, I have used HTC, with their various problems, and I think its time to see what problems come from motorola.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones