• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

High pitched noise on GNex Charger

sevenfourty

Dec 9, 2009
does anyone else notice a constant high pitched noise that comes out of the galaxy nexus charger that came with the phone? i tried plugging the charger in every outlet and it's noticeable everywhere i try it. it's not too noticeable if you have background noise, but it's somewhere quiet such as where you sleep, it's LOUD. what's strange is that i hear it only when it's not plugged into the phone, only when left in the outlet alone.

does anyone else notice a constant high pitched noise that comes out of the galaxy nexus charger that came with the phone? i tried plugging the charger in every outlet and it's noticeable everywhere i try it. it's not too noticeable if you have background noise, but it's somewhere quiet such as where you sleep, it's LOUD. what's strange is that i hear it only when it's not plugged into the phone, only when left in the outlet alone.

Its the transformer in the charger, not much that can be done about it other then replace it.

Reactions: sevenfourty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones