1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Highly oversensitive/jumpy touchscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

So I bought my GS6 about a month ago, and for the first two weeks, the device worked great. Then out of the blue, the touch screen started acting really weird. This was obvious when I performed actions such as trying to drag down the notification bar. It also became a problem when typing, specifically keys near the edge of the screen like the "A" key, space bar, or backspace key. I tried a soft reset, cache reset, and eventually bit the bullet and did a full factory reset. Nothing helped, and since I was now outside Best Buy's extremely short 14 day exchange policy, I now had to get the phone replaced on my own.

Luckily, there is an AT&T device replacement center near my home, so getting the device swapped for a working one using my one year Samsung warranty took no longer than an hour. A few hours after, I started customizing the device again by putting all the apps where I like them on my home screens, signing into my social media accounts, etc. While doing this, I started to notice some entirely new touch screen issues. Now, doing simple things like dragging an app from one screen to another became a total pain. It was impossible to even scroll through my Facebook feed without accidentally hitting a link and opening up a whole new window.

Basically, I am now planning on going back to the device replacement center and try out my third S6 within a month. Is this something that I should expect with this device, or am I just having really bad luck? I owned the S4 and S2 for a total of 4 years before this device, and have never had any issue even close to this. Please provide any recommendations or tips if applicable. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I'm tempted to just throw in my usual sarcastic "It's a feature", but it does sound like you have a 2nd lemon. Exchange it yet again if you can.

3. Richard Park

Richard Park Member

Hey Mike, one thing I learned in life is if it doesnt work the 1st and 2nd time.
    3rd time's the charm!

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews