• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hilarious Hypocrisy

it's not like he's the first one....

meet the new king, same as the old king.

It's not like this is unusual for Obama or any other modern President...

Campaign promises are geared to get public support... flip flopping on issues is geared to get and maintain Congressional support. Without support of Congress no President can get much accomplished in four years.

I thought Obama was to bring "change" to the govt. Washington was going to be different....no lobbyist in his administration, more transparency...etc etc...

Everyone ate this s#@$ up. And still defend the man....

Were doomed....facepalm...but hey I just saved 15% on my car insurance....lol

Upvote 0
I thought Obama was to bring "change" to the govt. Washington was going to be different....no lobbyist in his administration, more transparency...etc etc...

As long as politicians have been playing this game, so have there been people calling them on and yet nothing changes. Don't only blame the players, blame the audience, too.

And I stayed and a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Upvote 0

Welcome to politics. Rule #1 all politicians lie. Seriously you really think the president has any true powers to change anything? He needs Congress backing to change anything.

Upvote 0
Welcome to politics. Rule #1 all politicians lie. Seriously you really think the president has any true powers to change anything? He needs Congress backing to change anything.

Actually, the president has lots of power. Granted, he does need congressional support in many cases. But if we have a partisan administration, the president and congress do not need to follow any laws or the Constitution. Consider Obama Care and Obama Motors as two examples.

He (or she) has the power of the veto. Consider the line item Veto. Hard to pass because congress likes being able to slip provisions to raise congressional salary into a "Stop Killing Kittens" bill that we all woulds likely support.

The president can simply veto all bills containing stuff not related to the actual bill. And the public will yell about a do nothing president unless the president explains why a particular bill was sent his way. Reading of all bi;ll;s by the president might convince people to start paying attention.

He has the power to hire Zars/Czars. Those people do not answer to Congress, only to the president.

He has the power to fire people.

He is the leader of the free world and commander in chief of the armed forces.

He can issue rules, and regulations called Executive Orders which have the binding force of law but do not require congressional approval.

The president has many powers.

Bob Maxey

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones