• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HISENSE SERO 7 PRO Newcomers

This is my first tablet. Bought it a few weeks ago. Happy with it so far. Previously, I thought tablets were just toys and I disdained them. Now I see they are useful tools. I wish the battery could be replaced by the user instead of having to return it to the manufacturer.

Guessing that you bought it from WAL-MART,keep the receipt & attempt an exchange if battery life begins to fade before the 1 yr warranty/purchase date rolls by...........If nothing else,I've found WAL-MART to put up little to no resistance w/returns of any kind,especially w/a receipt. :)

Upvote 0
Still seems like it would be better if the battery was user-replaceable. Time and energy involved in making the trip to Walmart, and negotiating with them. Possible security concern with data remaining (even after deletion) on the device.
From what I've read, most, if not all, tablets have non-user-replaceable batteries. If Hisense had this feature, it would be another reason to choose that brand over others.

Upvote 0
No, it doesn't require rooting to use the SD card. You will need Nexus Media Importer to use the USB port to access external memory.

Technically, rooting would void the warranty, but it is easily undone. If the device is completely broken, the they wouldn't be able to tell anyhow. As for the replacement plan, they probably wouldn't check if you dropped it in the toilet anyhow...

As far as I can tell, the Sero 7 Pro is the best tablet out there for the price.

Upvote 0
I'm an admitted tablet junky and have bought and sold more than I care to count. I recently found a Hisense sero 7 LT on Craigslist with a custom fit poetic case for 40 bucks. I bought it not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised by that little machine and began to do a little more research into this brand. I WANT A SERO 7 PRO!! NOW!!!. Amazing specs for the money.

Upvote 0
I'm an admitted tablet junky and have bought and sold more than I care to count. I recently found a Hisense sero 7 LT on Craigslist with a custom fit poetic case for 40 bucks. I bought it not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised by that little machine and began to do a little more research into this brand. I WANT A SERO 7 PRO!! NOW!!!. Amazing specs for the money.

Check out 1saleaday.com. They sometimes sell refurbs with a 90 day warranty.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I have to say for this old man this is a great unit...... The only down side I found was because I use yahoo for mail when I installed the program it did not sink my address book..... I down loaded an address book that fixed the problem.... I got this for Christmas along with a 32g SD card... I have had a bit of fun trying to figure out how to transfer data to the card...

Upvote 0
Hi guys still have not figured how to send stuff to the card, I have down loaded so many movers that I get them confused however I have not been able to get one of them to move stuff to the card....... One of the movers says the file is moving however when I go looking for it on the SD card it is not there..... Any ideas on that????? I get a little confused some times, I have the wifi print program however if you are on line you cannot be connected to both at the same time, then some of the things I have tried to print I cannot send to the printer, as it does not give me a choice....... Still love the tablet though.....

Dave.....

Upvote 0
Bought the Sero 7 Pro new from Amazon Marketplace for $99. Paid $22 for a 3-year SquareTrade ADH Warranty (with discount coupon). This is the first tablet I've ever owned. I don't even have a smartphone (I live too rural for a cell signal). But I've played around with tablets from friends and family before, including Galaxy Tabs and iPads. This 7" tablet is perfect for my needs, and is actually a lot faster and smoother than I was expecting for the price. It is as nice to work with as my buddy's far more expensive Samsung, with a great looking display. No, it is not as nice as the Retina display on my Brother's iPad -- but for what he paid I'm not complaining! He is more jealous of my SD card slot than I am of his PPI!

Got an i-Blason leather case made just for this model. It fits very well, with nothing covering any part of the screen, the buttons (soft or hard), or any slots/ports. I also got a Skinomi screen protector for this model that I installed without issue.

I'm going to order a longer, heavier-duty USB-to-MicroUSB cable for it, along with another charger rated 5V-2.1A per slot. The charger that came with it doesn't seem able to get it past about 73% charge even when charging overnight. The new one is supposed to be a "smart" charger that detects when the tablet is fully charged and stops automatically.

Now the biggest question I have is: to root or not to root? What would I be "giving up" if I didn't root it? What are the drawbacks of rooting?

Upvote 0
The charger that came with it doesn't seem able to get it past about 73% charge even when charging overnight. The new one is supposed to be a "smart" charger that detects when the tablet is fully charged and stops automatically.

The tablet itself is the part that detects when the battery is charged, not the charger. And yes, it is done automatically.

The thing that bothers me here is the 73% part. If that's all the higher the charge level goes, I think your tablet is defective and should be returned for another one.

Upvote 0
Now the biggest question I have is: to root or not to root? What would I be "giving up" if I didn't root it? What are the drawbacks of rooting?

You don't give up anything when you root. You gain the ability to delete bloat apps, have ad blocking programs, and have a lot of great apps, like Titanium Backup, that won't run on a non rooted device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones