1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hisense Sero 7 Pro vs. Asus Memopad HD 7

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by bob60626, Jun 24, 2013.

1. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast

These seem to be the leaders in the fully optioned budget 7" class. Anyone have both or have spent decent time on both? Please don't suggest the Nexus 7, this is for someone who will want hdmi and a rear camera.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If you aren't on a tight budget, I'd take a Note 8.0 instead of those. However, between the two, I'd pick the ASUS simply because the other one is an unknown brand to me, and ASUS is a well known manufacturer of good quality products.

3. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

I would go with the ASUS also, but for a different reason. The ASUS will come with a 16GB version with the same price as the 8GB version of the Sero 7 Pro. Also the ASUS is running 4.2.2, where as the Sero is running 4.2.1. I know, not much of a difference. I was actually looking at getting the Sero Pro until I saw this post. I have not bought a tablet yet, so I think this would be a good starter for me. Thanks for this post. Maybe in the future, if I like tablets. I will go with the Note 8.0.

4. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast

Thanks guys, this was for my girlfriend but she just bought a new S4 yesterday. I might still want another tablet though. :D

5. AndyfromVA

AndyfromVA Member

Cnet has reviewed both and neither came out looking particularly good. I was especially disappointed with the Asus, as the review went on at length about its slowness and lag. Since I plan to use it largely for accessing the internet, that's a deal breaker for me.

6. tendoboy1984

tendoboy1984 Well-Known Member

A recent software update from ASUS fixed the lag.