• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Historical Sprint Flagship Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I'd like to start by saying that I hope that the evo 3d comes out as soon as possible. With that being said, I decided to do some googling and look up some of Sprint's past actions to get a better understanding of when I can expect to get my hands on this phone. This is what I found:

2011 - HTC EVO 3D
- phone announced on Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- release date announced on....
- phone release on....

2010 - HTC EVO 4G
- phone announced on Tuesday, March 23, 2010
- release date announced on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 (50 days later)
- phone release on Friday, June 4, 2010 (23 days later, 73 days total)

2009 - Palm Pre
- phone announced on Thursday January 7, 2010
- release date announced on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 (132 days later)
- phone release on Saturday, June 6, 2010 (18 days later, 150 days total)

2008 - Samsung Instinct
- phone announced on Tuesday, April 1, 2008
- release date announced on Thursday, May 22, 2008 (51 days later)
- phone release on Friday, June 20, 2008 (29 days later, 80 days total)

2007 - HTC Mogul
- phone announced on Thursday, April 26, 2007
- release date announced on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 (41 days later)
- phone release on Monday, June 18, 2007 (13 days later, 54 days total)

Great info, I sure would not have taken the time to look all that up but this probably needs to be in the other thread.

Lol, really didnt take that long. Maybe 15 minutes....Sorry, wasnt really sure where to put it with multiple threads out there.

exactly.. Trend is June for the last 4 yrs.
I got to believe that it will be a 5 yr trend. :)

That seems to be what the data shows. The only thing that confuses me is the fact that they havent released the date yet. Historically, each passing day makes this one of the latest release dates that we have seen. At the same time, people try to say that a later date means that it will go in July, but when you look at the varying amount of days between the announcement and the release, it shows that you can expect the release date to be anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks after announcement. So, they could announce it tomorrow on May 25, and I have no doubt that we could see it by the second weekend of June. I dont think it will be June 4th though, probably June 10th.

Upvote 0
why were these particular phones selected? I ask cause I can think of two prominent phones off the top of my head that were not released in June: Epic and Evo Shift.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any consistency from initial announcement to release date announcement...

In regards to the phone selection, it is based solely on Sprint's "premier or flagship" phone for each year. It's easy to see that whatever Sprint releases in the summer is regarded as their top priority. This is not to say that the "flagship" phone will be the best for the year, but it is the one that Sprint puts the most emphasis on.

That's kind of easy to explain. The announcement date is the inconsistent part as it is often based on which event they wish to announce the phone at. The last couple of years have been at CTIA which varies in its yearly date as well. Where you can see the most consistency is in the release date announcement and the actual release date. These favor heavily a May/June timeframe.

Reactions: yourfriendmat
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones