1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

hiya all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rebeccallana, Jan 6, 2012.

1. rebeccallana

rebeccallana Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    full time mum
    fife, scotland
    Hi everyone

i am a new user on here and just wanted to say hi to you all.

I am 29 years old and a full time mum to 4 kids.

I have joined here as I am due an upgrade on my phone and am totally lost as to which phone to get.

My last upgrade was a motoroa dext, which was fab to start with then I had all the issues that everyone else seemed to get, frozen screen, keyboard doing its on thing etc.

Due to busyness with the kids, instead of sending away for a repair I got a blackberry.

I am not overly impressed with the apps onn bb world and want to return to an android phone. Hense my dillema.

I anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them, there is so many phones out that I am totally lost

:)

thanks

vikki

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Vikki! :)

Maybe if you could tell us a couple of things about how you use your phone and what you expect from it. Do you want a honking huge screen or something you can slip into a pillbox? Will you be making feature films, recording symphonies or tracking the daily progress of the Mars probe, or just making the occasional phone call or text message?

You are correct. There are a vast array of devices available and no one phone is a universal fit so knowing what the user wants is half the battle. It would also be helpful if we knew your budget and which carrier you'll be using. :D

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello Vikki and welcome to Android Forums. A phone is such a personal thing it's impossible to recommend one to someone. If I were phone shopping I'd first decide which carrier had the best coverage for the areas I frequent most. I would weigh that against the cost of their plans. After decided which carrier I would log onto their site and narrow my choices as to the phone/price that I thought might be acceptable. Then I would return here and look into the sub forums for those devices.
    The opinion of the users of those devices would weigh huge on my final decision.
    The last thing I would do is visit my carrier of choice's show room. I would handle my favorite and perhaps runner up to see how they fit the hand and how I personally liked their screen.
    I hope this helps in some fashion.

Here is a link to the Android phones we have discussion areas for:
    Android Phones - Android Forums
    Here is a link to the area that's a good place to ask "is phone A better that B":
    Android Lounge - Android Forums

4. rebeccallana

rebeccallana Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    full time mum
    fife, scotland
    Hi all, thank for that. I mainly use my phone for facebook, texting, taking many photos of the brood growing up.

I love music and love downloading tunes etc.

I occasionally take videos and play games but not so important.

I am staying with orange, been with them a few years and it is the only network that works here out of th few that my family etc use.

thanks x

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Welcome to Android Forums!