1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HKC tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smashmash, Jan 6, 2014.

1. smashmash

smashmash Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    hi,
    Can I root my Tablet? its a HKC model P774A and has jellybean 4.1.1
    thanks
    Marshall

Advertisement

Phweak likes this.
  2. apple2005

apple2005 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 22, 2011
    Yes, you can root your tablet. Google framaroot, vroot and several others can be used for rooting.

3. bigneo1973

bigneo1973 Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2013
    None of the methods listed above will root the HKC P774A. I have tried them and they won't work on this tablet. Still searching for a way to root.

4. Phweak

Phweak Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2014
    I normally just crawl without registering for forums, but this one was the most recent google came up with that has my exact problem. Bought a few "ClicknPlay" P774a's from Wal-mart for the kids and want to root them and get rid of all the bloatware.

I too have scoured every source I could find and tried multiple solutions, be it one-click, be it USB ADB drives -> exploit. All of which I believe were designed for an older platform. My device factory resets at 4.1.1 Jellybean, I can't get the info on the Rockchip driver version. Any attempt to install ADB drivers renders my device unreadable on PC (thus I have to do a factory reset to replace the driver).

I was under the impression this would be easy as it's not a major brand, that it would have some generic version of android easily exploitable to obtain root. Boy-howdy (lol) was I wrong.

Some more information:

Model Number:
    P774A

Android Version:

Kernel Version:
    3.0.8+
    builder@server #1
    SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 29 18:50:39 CST 2013

Build Number:
    JRO03H.20130221.175028.V004 (the screen sucks, those 0's could be O's or even possibly D's :p)

5. smashmash

smashmash Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    I did get mine rooted using Vroot and than I tried to load a custom mod or custom rom, and its loaded. But when I go see my about phone its not showing in there. I know I loaded it because I tried to put the kitkat version and bricked it, but with the script I loaded, you can't brick it so I got it working, but I still can not load the kitkat version. I'm really new at all this

Phweak likes this.
  6. Phweak

Phweak Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2014
    What custom ROM did you use? was it a generic android rom? That's what I'm looking for. I don't NEED to use KitKat, so I just want to flash it so it has none of the bloatware and I have root.

7. smashmash

smashmash Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2013
  8. Phweak

Phweak Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2014
    Sorry for the back and forth, maybe this conversation will help others in my position, did you install any custom recovery mods before hand? Or just left it alone and flashed the new ROM? Any issues with your rom with the devices abilities (camera/gyroscope) anything not working right? I too am very novice at this, if there were any hiccups that you can remember let me know.

9. smashmash

smashmash Newbie
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    hi again, if you go and post in that forum you will get all your answers as they are programmers. i'm just trying to play around with this,,,
    thanks
    Marshall