• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

I'll probably go to game two or three. Can't do $150.00 per ticket for game one. I'm so glad to have them back, I watched the practice on TV. Go KINGS!

i here you....been saving up for this moment....was not going to pass it up LOL. i missed out on the parade so i figured this was something i was not going to miss. it sucked cuz the pre-sale ticks started at $155.....but oh well.

Upvote 0
Three of us in my family want to go but ouch! We're looking at fan appreciation night and I heard one night they'll be giving out Stanley Cup replica rings. Probably cheesy but might be cool. Are you near Staples?

not too far about 20 min or so depending on traffic as it always is in LA. the ring would be cool. they are going to be giving away replica banners on opening night.....should be fun.

Upvote 0
Google now sports card. Good to see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358462812914.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358462812914.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
At least the Sabres bring a playoff atmosphere to western ny, unlike the pathetic bills(no playoffs in 13 years). Even if they don't have a realistic chance this year, it's something.
yeah you guys definitely have some great players on your team. it seems a few years back that they were primed to make a run for the cup. i love your goaltender in ryan miller. he was great in the olympics.

Google now sports card. Good to see.

funny how you are a hockey fan living in san diego of all places, let alone a kings fan.

Upvote 0
Red Wings' fan is here! :)

i must say that you guys are everywhere. whenever the wings comes in to play the kings at the staples center, i must say have of those attending are wings fans. it is the only time in staples center that you will see that many of the opposite teams fans in attendance.

but as a kings fan i must say:
BOOOO!!!!!

Upvote 0
it is the only time in staples center that you will see that many of the opposite teams fans in attendance.
still i can't say that Kings are the worst Wings' enemy))) 'Hawks and Canucks in the west, Leafs and Hubs in the east. May be people go to California not only for hockey, but for hot Californian sun as well.

BTW, last year supported Kings after Wings got knocked out :cheers:

Upvote 0
still i can't say that Kings are the worst Wings' enemy))) 'Hawks and Canucks in the west, Leafs and Hubs in the east. May be people go to California not only for hockey, but for hot Californian sun as well.

BTW, last year supported Kings after Wings got knocked out :cheers:

yeah i know that there are a lot of transplants from detroit living here in LA. it is just weird, where all season long you see kings fans fill Staples, then the wings come in to town and half of Staples is fill with red and white. it is just crazy. i'm not saying it is a rivalry at all. i just have never seen anything like that in any sport...........now that we won the cup, i wonder if there will be a shift in attendance? i doubt it LOL

Upvote 0
Hm, I thought that this should a great attraction for new fans since the Gretzky signing.

lol but this year with a shorten season we will not see detroit this year so who knows if the shift will happen or not. next your though......bring it wings fan as we will be defending our second cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::smokingsomb::D

Upvote 0
I really like this realignment. Getting the teams in a division that is mostly in the same time zone is great, especially for the playoffs. It just sucks when you're in the Pacific time zone and have to play a team 2 or 3 time zones away for 2 weeks. I hate coming home and finding the game almost half over.

I would like them to bring back the divisional names they used in the 80's (Adams, Norris, Patrick and Smythe). I don't see that happening because it would simply confuse too many newer fans who don't know what they mean. I was confused for a while, too when I was young and learning about the NHL back in the 80's.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones