• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hockey fans unite!!! {the All Things Hockey Thread}

Where's everyone? Play-off is coming!

i'm right here and yeah we have like 4 teams vying for playoff positioning as there maybe even as many as 8 teams all pushing for either the last playoff spot or trying to move up to gain home ice advantage in the west. it is coming down to the wire here and should be fun. the kings can't catch the ducks, but that would such a fun series if they were to meet in the playoffs at some point.

personally i think it is gonna be kings vs the penguins myself:D

Reactions: eugenerudenko
Upvote 0
It's been a DECADE since my team the Leafs have made the playoffs. I'm just happy that we get to see some hockey in April... well May this year due to the shortened season.

There was an article today that mentioned the last time the Leafs made the playoffs, Facebook was just made available to the public. I'm not quite sure whether to laugh or cry at that.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It's been a DECADE since my team the Leafs have made the playoffs. I'm just happy that we get to see some hockey in April... well May this year due to the shortened season.

There was an article today that mentioned the last time the Leafs made the playoffs, Facebook was just made available to the public. I'm not quite sure whether to laugh or cry at that.

now you know we la kings fans have felt we waited 45 years so that we can be crowned champs. the only other time we went to the finals was in 1993. and i remember that toronto conference finals......man what a series that was!!!!! it took all 7 games before we won it and went on to play montreal only to loose!!!!!

Upvote 0
the only other time we went to the finals was in 1993. and i remember that toronto conference finals......man what a series that was!!!!! it took all 7 games before we won it and went on to play montreal only to loose!!!!!

Ahhh! You just brought back some really bad childhood memories of mine haha. I still remember the goal that put us away for good went off Dave Ellet's skate past Potvin (it was an intended pass from Gretz from behind the net I believe).

I haven't been following much Hockey this year due to the shortened season and me being located in Hong Kong at the moment. I see the Kings are sitting in 4th right now although 4-8 is a pretty tight race so hopefully you guys stay put and get into the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be sweet if it was a Toronto/LA finals this year? I know I'm getting wayyyyyyy ahead of myself. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I think that shortened season was of great help for Leafs as last couple of seasons they began the season great but by the end of regular season they fell short of form. Now due to the fewer of games played there's no failure at the end of the season, and in the playoffs there's different hockey game. Glad for Leafs. Already waiting for Winter Classics 2014.

Upvote 0
Ahhh! You just brought back some really bad childhood memories of mine haha. I still remember the goal that put us away for good went off Dave Ellet's skate past Potvin (it was an intended pass from Gretz from behind the net I believe).

I haven't been following much Hockey this year due to the shortened season and me being located in Hong Kong at the moment. I see the Kings are sitting in 4th right now although 4-8 is a pretty tight race so hopefully you guys stay put and get into the playoffs.

Wouldn't it be sweet if it was a Toronto/LA finals this year? I know I'm getting wayyyyyyy ahead of myself. :)

I remember that series. Gretzky should have gotten a 5-minute major and a game misconduct for high sticking Doug Gilmour. Kerry Fraser missed that call. It could have been an all-Canadian Stanley Cup Finals.

Upvote 0
I remember that series. Gretzky should have gotten a 5-minute major and a game misconduct for high sticking Doug Gilmour. Kerry Fraser missed that call. It could have been an all-Canadian Stanley Cup Finals.

kerry faser didn't missing anything.....i know what you are talking about and i did not see any high stick. plus you do not call anything against the great one, let alone a game misconduct............;):p:D

edit: to me it look like he tripped over himself:eek:

Upvote 0
And my Wings made another step towards PO by beating Coyotes 4-0. Really glad for Brunner, who managed to score another goal. Hope that we'll win the remaining 3 games and then it'll 22 consecutive PO for Wings.

Go Wings Go!

i do not know. you guys are 3pts back from columbus who is playing great right now. you guys do have an extra game to play then they do but they control their own destiny at this point. plus you guys play us tomorrow and will loose to us:p.......so it will be close. personally i would like to see you guys in vs columbus.

edit:scratch that you guys are 1pt back......man this playoff race from 6-8 is crazy close!!!!

GO KINGS GO!!!!!

Reactions: eugenerudenko
Upvote 0
How can you play a Winter Classic when you don't have winter down there? :p

well the kings played the rangers in las vegas in 1991. if they can play in vegas then they should be able to do it in LA easily. there are talks about it being played in the evening.....but logistics have not been worked out yet.....you can bet that i will attend.

Upvote 0
The Blues don't get no respect...

GO BLUES.......
how did you guys leap frog us? 4th place? how did that happen? i believe though if we win against san jose then we are in 4th(actually the blues nees to loose against the hawks)......GO KINGS GO!!!!!

edit: i just saw this and thought it was funny enough to share:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones