1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hoe to solve sign in issues with Android Market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lowki, Dec 30, 2011.

?

Did this work for you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. This bricked my phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm going to piss in your Cherrios

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. lowki

lowki Newbie

I have learned a lot from this forum, but with this one issue I had not found any answers so I thought I would contribute back to all the people who helped me. If you have recently rooted your phone or flashed a new ROM only to find that now you can not sign into Android Market don't worry there is a simple way to fix this. Most ppl will tell you to do a soft (turning the phone off with the power button) or a hard (remove the battery) reset will solve the problem. It will not. I think this is a great place to start with a lot of problems, so don't discount it, but I also think this is the answer ppl give when they don't know what to do. You need to go into settings - Applications -Manage Applications - tab at the top that says "All" - look for "Google Service Framework - click on it - a window will appear will a few options - click "Force Close." this should get you back into the android market. There is some sort of link between Google Talk and the Android market. If you are having this issue then you might also be getting a warning that says "Failure to sign into Google Talk." If this does not work, contact me and I can give you few ideas to work with, but this is what worked for me. Thank you shabby, Hroak ( sorry if I spelled it wrong), CWM, and all the ppl on this forum.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tbstewa

tbstewa Newbie

you should clean market cache and data as well. all google services are linked...

3. Carsfanatic

Carsfanatic Well-Known Member

Fixed mine after trying for hours and going through all of the suggestions that I could find on here, and none of the listed above worked for me.

I finally fixed it myself by uninstalling updates for Market and then let it re-update and it worked fine after that.

I didn't need a hoe to help me either :)

4. PhoneMan93

PhoneMan93 Android Enthusiast

If you just flashed a ROM the Google authentication error could be that the cache needs to be converted back, you can do this by doing a factory rest in CWM

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews