• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
This is sort of a goofy question, but I noticed recently that the hold button rattles a little along the z axis (ie, towards and away from the screen). I changed cases recently, so maybe I didn't notice it because the old case fit over the button differently. Anyone else's do this?

This is sort of a goofy question, but I noticed recently that the hold button rattles a little along the z axis (ie, towards and away from the screen). I changed cases recently, so maybe I didn't notice it because the old case fit over the button differently. Anyone else's do this?

I assume you are referring to the power button? If so mine is nice and firm but I have seen threads where peoples are getting loose and it seemed to be an area for concern.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I meant the power button.

I have read some reports of the button receding over time to the point of becoming flush, but I hadn't heard anything about it being a little rattley. I was curious about whether this could be a precursor to that or if it might be something else. I admit, I'm surely being a bit ocd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones