1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Holowachuk (noob :P)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Holowachuk, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Holowachuk

Holowachuk Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Hey guys/gals, I'm new here (obviously) and thought I'd say hey. I'm thinking about upgrading to an Android and had a few questions, so I figured this would probably be the best place to ask. :D

Right now I have some legal restrictions involving the internet, and that's my biggest roadblock in getting a droid. I know I'm using the internet to be here, but I'm at an internet cafe atm. Anyways, it's a really stupid charge I was stuck with and won't go into detail here. But I'm hoping there's a way to either delete the web browser or otherwise restrict access to the web. I can use apps an all that fun stuff, just can't have direct access to web pages. Hope there's away to achieve that without crippling the phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums. If you haven't already discovered, this forum consists of many sub forums... each for a different android device. Here is a link to an overview of the site: http://androidforums.com/
    Take your time and peruse each device that peaks your interest. There are a lot of great devices with information from personal users for your viewing. As for crippling the devices without any internet... I do not know which devices can be purchased without some sort of data package. Look about and ask questions. You will find a lot of friendly people here that love to discuss their phones.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi there, welcome to the forums.

If you were rooted, you could delete the web browser or speak with you provider about turning data off?

I'm not sure there's a way to completely turn the web off altogether though.

4. Holowachuk

Holowachuk Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

I'm not wanting to totally disable DATA, just the web browser. I've heard about rooting but I'm not that familiar with the process. I will look around and see if I can find some more info about it. Thanks again!

5. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Welcome to the Android forums :)