• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Holy cow ... GB Battery life???

Please let us know what your settings are and what your usage is. I didn't use my phone for the better part of 8 hours, and it only dipped a few % points as expected, but generally speaking on a normal day, it feels like a leech is sucking my battery dry! I have the extended battery and it's draining like a snaked toilet! :eek: I have NEVER been able to go more than 12-16 hours treading very lightly, and I can guarantee I don't use it as much as people on here.

I think the biggest "saver" for me has been using the Quick Clock Advance app and setting it up for stock clock speed which uses voltages quite a bit lower than stock. That and using setCPU for a few "profiles" to lower the clock speed at certain times. The 2 days, 9 hours was after a period of light use but I can get about 35+ hours on the stock battery with normal use. I have the battery set to "Nighttime Saver" and I turn off the data auto sync.

Reactions: mahers
Upvote 0
I think the biggest "saver" for me has been using the Quick Clock Advance app and setting it up for stock clock speed which uses voltages quite a bit lower than stock. That and using setCPU for a few "profiles" to lower the clock speed at certain times. The 2 days, 9 hours was after a period of light use but I can get about 35+ hours on the stock battery with normal use. I have the battery set to "Nighttime Saver" and I turn off the data auto sync.

I appreciate that information.

Damn! Never thought I'd want to root again, but the "stock" GB is so freaking bad on battery life, I may have to...:(

It sucks that one must root to get decent battery life. I just want to be able to not baby the damn phone for fear of it conking out on me in a critical situation later in the day. At home or work, I have a charger always handy, but on the weekends if I am out, I don't want to be all paranoid about killing cuz I'm on it too much. That's what it's for, dammit, to be used. Why can't they realize this when they build the phones! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones