• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Holy Finishing Touches Batman, it's Sapphire 1.0

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

emdmao

Android Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2009
sapphire-logo-800x200.png

This release is HUGE! Sapphire has hit 1.0! Everyone is excited including us, with this release we have several announcements to make.

First off, Sapphire 1.0, with Verizon's release of the official OTA update we are proud to announce our 1.0.0 release. Many of you have been looking foreward to it for a while! A few features people will like are that Gem Settings has been moved to the actual settings screen instead of it being it's own app, kmob's lockscreen music controls, we've also modified the previous volume controls(when screen is off) when music was playing to now skip tracks on long-press and work accross all music players, including Pandora and Slacker Radio. Bug fixes include ##program menu, 50% signal loss bug, wifi signal loss issue.

For a full list of changes and bug fixes please see the changelog.

releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Next up we have our own website now!(no forums at this time) It's name is ccroms.net which stands for Crystal Clear Roms. This is now the blanket name for the group and all roms we produce. CCroms.net is a centralized location for all information related to sapphire, other upcoming roms, bug tracker, howto, etc. We hope you like it!

Crystal Clear Roms | Home of the Sapphire Rom

I would also like to officially announce the addition of BGill to the ccroms team as the master of themes, or "The Jeweler" as he has come to call himself. He needs no introduction as you all know who he is. Though i will say he worked all last night to port themes for the 1.0.0 release so once he wakes up we should have several themes ready to go for everyone.

releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Lastly, we are also currently in a donation drive. As many of you know we are trying to expand our device coverage to the HTC Incredible to produce a rom named Ruby, which will be Sapphire for the Incredible. For more information on this should you feel like donating please see the below link.

Will work for Incredible - Ruby - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

enjoy everyone!

***** ROM Reviews *****

Review by wadsface
Vitals:
Sapphire 1.0.0 by Crystal Clear ROMs
The next major release in the

Their website has clockwork installation instructions. Looks like it should. Though the instructions say to boot into recovery, not install from the app.
Since i made the jump from recovery to CW, that is the reason i have passed on sapphire roms. I was thinking that older roms didn't work with CW, but i won't swear to it.

Upvote 0
Since i made the jump from recovery to CW, that is the reason i have passed on sapphire roms. I was thinking that older roms didn't work with CW, but i won't swear to it.

I know the last release didn't work from ROM Manager with the newest clockwork recovery. I think you had to flash a previous version. It doesn't say anything about having to do that on their site though.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just rebooted into recovery through Clockwork, used an older version. All good!!! REALLY smooth so far!

Same here, apps didn't restore from market though. Bummer. Setting up now and trying out the Incognito theme. The ROM is really smooth, haven't even touched any settings or overclocked it at all.

edit: all paid apps are showing in the market. Cachemate (paid version) has only shown on SS 4.6 and now Sapphire 1.0. sweet, tired of using cachecleaner

Upvote 0
Same here, apps didn't restore from market though. Bummer. Setting up now and trying out the Incognito theme. The ROM is really smooth, haven't even touched any settings or overclocked it at all.

edit: all paid apps are showing in the market. Cachemate (paid version) has only shown on SS 4.6 and now Sapphire 1.0. sweet, tired of using cachecleaner

Yup! same here, going with the NexTang Theme!

Upvote 0
Damn i'm gone for 2 hours...

I am more excited to flash this baby up than I've been in a long time!

damn, and I'm having such a good time on Insanely Clean 1.3 too (Review to come!)

Great work sapphire team! So appreciative of the work you guys do. OOO do I spy lockscreen music controls?

Upvote 0
Damn i'm gone for 2 hours...

I am more excited to flash this baby up than I've been in a long time!

damn, and I'm having such a good time on Insanely Clean 1.3 too (Review to come!)

Great work sapphire team! So appreciative of the work you guys do. OOO do I spy lockscreen music controls?

I feel the exact same way! Never flashed Sapphire before, but I hear so many positive things...and now its reached 1.0! I'm on it!

Upvote 0
running the droidx theme over this now. running smooth. only thing i wish was that the battery percentage was shipped to the left so on the themes it looks centered better, had to turn that option off.

also, droidx theme needs the black text update. a lot of the in-program boxes have black box with black text. other than that, ROM is running so friggin smooth, great stuff guys

Upvote 0
change the text color in Settings>Gem Settings>Notification Colors

i did. i'm not talking about notification colors though. i'm talking about certain boxes that are in app's. for example, go into root explorer at look at the "mount r/w" box, it's dark grey box with black text. see what i'm saying? or a better example, go into gmail and into an email, at the bottom all the boxes, archive, delete, and the backwards and forwards arrows are grey boxes with black letters.

this was an issue with a previous rom and jrummy put out an update.zip to changed the colors to white. maybe i'll try it with this rom and report back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones