1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Home++ and 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breadnatty08, Jan 16, 2010.

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Hey guys, I'm having some problems once I flashed 2.1 on my Droid and installing Home++. Basically the only problem is that live wallpapers, which isn't a huge deal, aren't really working. Everytime I load one, it just goes back to the previous "still" wallpaper. I also get the live one at the lock screen, but not at the home screen. I had no problem using the live wallpapers with the stock home, but it seems like Home++ isn't meshing well. Anyone else with thoughts?
    (BTW, I used this: http://androidforums.com/how-tips/29204-how-root-install-droid-2-1-a.html to install the ROM)

Advertisement

2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Director of IT
    Cleveland, OH
    Home ++ doesn't support live wallpapers. And frankly, until 2.1 is optimized, live wallpapers dog the Droid down terribly.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    That's what I figured. No problem, I wasn't all that interested in them anyway.

4. Rated_R

Rated_R Member

May 14, 2010
    Not completely true. Go to his website and download the .15 version. In the settings disable workspace looping and wallpaper scrolling. You will then be able to use live wallpapers. If you update the app it will break this workaround. He is working on a new version that LWP works with, No clue on when it will release.

Home++ website

And on a side note. I notice no difference between using a static wallpaper and useing a Live wallpaper. No difference at all. I think it is in some peoples heads that it lags the phone.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I think it depends on what you are doing with the phone. I noticed some lag on my phone when I was using "live" wall papers, but I have seen videos of other people's that were flawless. Those people were rooted and OC'd the phone. Mine is not.

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    +1
    LWP not worth it right now. Too many redraws. Without the work around, you are SOL.