• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home bar not disappearing

kimeuegene

Jul 15, 2017
The home bar is supposed to disappear on galaxy s8 plus when playing games, right? However, that's not the case with me with some games I have. They stay on the screen for the whole session and the game 'tools' they have on the top and bottom of the home bar (recorder, screenshot, etc.) make it very annoying as I constantly accidentally press them when playing games. Please help.

The home bar is supposed to disappear on galaxy s8 plus when playing games, right? However, that's not the case with me with some games I have. They stay on the screen for the whole session and the game 'tools' they have on the top and bottom of the home bar (recorder, screenshot, etc.) make it very annoying as I constantly accidentally press them when playing games. Please help.

Upvote 0

i got a fix for that. i can hide status and navbar both, but they will breifly show only when interacting with screen the automatically hide each

Upvote 0
could you please tell me how you fixed it?

The commands you’ll need are:

To only hide the status bar:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*

To only hide the navigation bar:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*

To hide both status and nav bar:

adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*

Return things to normal:

adb shell settings put global policy_control null*

Reactions: kimeuegene
Upvote 0
INSTALL ON PC, THE APP. PLUG DEVICE INTO USB, TURN ON USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPERS ON DEVICE MAKE SURE MTP OR TRANSFER IS USED FOR USB CONNECT. RUN COMMANDS YOU PICK THEN ITS EASY FROM THERE
so if I run those commands, will the navigation bar completely disappear even when I  don't have those  games open? Or will it just fix the problem of the navigation bar not disappearing in some Games?

Upvote 0

Return things to normal:

could you please tell me how you fixed it?
  • Your device is plugged into your computer
  • You have USB Debugging enabled under Developer Options (Note: This may be listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM's)
  • You have installed the necessary drivers and your computer is recognizing your device
  1. Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot setup.exe from here
  2. Follow the Installers instructions and select where you would like to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too (For simplicity I choose to install it to the Desktop)
  3. After you have chosen where to install Minimal ADB and Fastboot too select whether you would like to create a Start Menu Folder or not for the instalation
  4. Once you have chosen where to install it to and if you want to create a Start Menu Folder select the install option
  5. After the Installation Wizard has completed you can select to start Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  6. You can also start Minimal ADB and Fastboot by navigating to the Start Menu Folder you choose to create during installation or the desktop shortcut you choose to create and selecting Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  7. You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device

Upvote 0

Return things to normal:

Upvote 0
how can it be reversed?

DO U NOT SEE THESE

Return things to normal:

Upvote 0

you never let me know if you tried the app and commands i gave to rid navbar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones