• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Button and other issues

biker74

Apr 29, 2010
Dundee, Scotland
Had a Note/Note2 and now the Note 3 but sadly having issues with it. Was just wondering if others had experience the same.

Phone will freeze up randomly, sometimes while charging. Missed my alarm the other day as the phone had frozen and had to do a battery pull to revive it.

Or the phone will freeze and after a minute or so, and by pressing some buttons it comes back.

The latest is the home button, I can use it to bring up the screen but it wont go back to the homescreen. When this happens the power on/off button also fails, it can only bring the screen back to life. Another battery pull. After that it's all good again.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Thanks

Had a Note/Note2 and now the Note 3 but sadly having issues with it. Was just wondering if others had experience the same.

Phone will freeze up randomly, sometimes while charging. Missed my alarm the other day as the phone had frozen and had to do a battery pull to revive it.

Or the phone will freeze and after a minute or so, and by pressing some buttons it comes back.

The latest is the home button, I can use it to bring up the screen but it wont go back to the homescreen. When this happens the power on/off button also fails, it can only bring the screen back to life. Another battery pull. After that it's all good again.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue? Thanks

My home button packs up occassionally. I swapped the first phone due to this.
Android has a small problem with this - its been recorded elsewhere at times. However there does seem to be a lot of inconsistency.
You are the 3rd note3 user I've seen have this issue. Its quite rare.
If mine does it again it'll be changed yet again.
Freeezing happens very occassionally on Android devices and the odd random restart. Not just the note 3.

Upvote 0
Yours is an ideal phone to return. the issues you list are a clear indicator, there's a problem.

I would definitely consider taking the phone back to your carrier store or sending for a replacement from Samsung.

If a battery pull temporarily fixes the OP's problem, then it could be a software issue that a factory reset would solve. But if it still fails after that then yeah it looks like replacement time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones