1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Home Button does not work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ishii-kun, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Ishii-kun

Ishii-kun Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    I got my first Liquid E about 5 months ago, and it has been nothing but problems. It's overheated to the point of crashing, battery life has been, bad, to say the least, reception has been terrible, but most importantly, the home button did not work. I tried a full system reset, and it worked for all of 5 minutes, then stopped working again, so I phoned up rogers and got them to send me a new one.
    well, last week I received the new one, and while the reception problems were solved, it still overheats, it still crashes all the time, and the home button STILL does not work, I dont know what to do, thats 2 phones so far, but I suppose 3rd times a charm?

Advertisement

2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    Student
    Sugar Land, TX
    Wow, sorry to hear that. I haven't had any of those problems (well I did have overheating problems leading to crashes back when I was into overclocking) with my A1 (pretty much the same phone, just half the RAM).

I guess maybe it is worth another try. It isn't supposed to do that, you are the first case I have ever heard of this (well, first and second).

3. jtmorris

jtmorris Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Canada
    I had to go through 3 phones before I got one that doesn't over heat. At least Rogers will replace it for you. All of my hard keys on my phone won't work if the phone is lying on the table. For some reason I have to be holding it for the keys to press.

4. jonatuna

jonatuna Newbie
    None

May 20, 2010
    I think there are some build issues with the E. My first one was a dud - touch screen issues where it would go haywire and act like it was getting touched all over. It also got a bit hot.

2nd one has been much better. Like jtmorris, I have to be holding the phone for the hard buttons to work, although for me it is just the home button.