• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Button... Is this Normal?

D

Deleted User

I just got my Galaxy S II today and I have noticed something that doesn't seem normal but i'm not too sure.

When pressing the home button directly in the middle it feels fine and pressing it towards the far right it is also fine... However when i press it with my finger on the far left of the rectangular home button it feels harder to press and when it does press down, its not pressing under where my finger is (the left), its pressing the other side of it down...

Does anyone elses do that? Is it normal? If you want more info or a better explanation just ask.

Thanks in advance :)

I just got my Galaxy S II today

About time!! ;)

What you think? :D

and I have noticed something that doesn't seem normal but i'm not too sure.

When pressing the home button directly in the middle it feels fine and pressing it towards the far right it is also fine... However when i press it with my finger on the far left of the rectangular home button it feels harder to press and when it does press down, its not pressing under where my finger is (the left), its pressing the other side of it down...

Does anyone elses do that? Is it normal? If you want more info or a better explanation just ask.

Thanks in advance :)

Mine seems harder to press on the left/right than in the centre, but left and right are about the same. I wouldn't worry about it, just press it in the centre.

Upvote 0
i could send it back, then if the new one is the same its obviously just something they all have but if not ill get a perfect one. i just dont want a phone thats not right if u know what i mean. also all the text on screen is so big and bold compared to my HTC Desire... is that cos its the same resolution over 4.3" not 3.7"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones